myWritings is a lightweight and straightforward word processor that focuses on the most important part of any project - the writing.
You won't find any of the clutter, glitz or power of Microsoft Word here - myWritings is extremely simple but as a result, a real pleasure to use for anyone that just needs to write. So if you need formatting tools, export options and multimedia integration, look elsewhere. The interface is extremely clean and simple with a spacious toolbar at the top featuring Save, Print and export to PDF functions and a handy word and character counter at the bottom.
Although myWritings certainly makes writing simple, the lack of the ability to share and collaborate in real time may frustrate some users. However, most other things you need are in myWritings including a decent spell checker and you can customize the toolbar such as add buttons to change text color, underline etc.
For those who don't need a bloated word processor like Word, myWritings is a competent streamlined alternative.
- added support for the latest 10.7 build
- fixed snippets save bug
- fixed format bar bug
- fixed some minor glitches
- major update for Mac OS X Lion (2.0)
- added support for Mac OS X 10.7
- rewritten code basis
- new sophisticated focus view
- new Info sheet
- support for 10.7 Fullscreen Mode
- Please note that this is a major update for the upcoming Mac OS Lion and thus not yet localized. Some added features are Mac OS X 10.7 only and some of the new features 10.7 has to offer are not available because there simply is no documentation provided by Apple yet.